The Red Cross First Aid was established 1 September 2017. The company is fully owned by the central office and districts of the Finnish Red Cross. As a Social Enterprise all of the proceeds from our courses and services are directed to the Finnish Red Cross’s national volunteer work such as First Aid groups and Friendship activities. Learn more about our work: Punainen Risti Ensiapu, koko Suomen ensiaputoimija
The Red Cross First Aid divides itself into two units; Red Cross First Aid Educational Programs and Red Cross First Aid Educational Services.
Red Cross First Aid Educational Programs
Follow us on social media!
The Red Cross First Aid’s Annual General Meeting is its highest decision-making -, which chooses the persons nominated by the Shareholders to be members of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of seven (7) members who administrate the organization and its activities. The Finnish Red Cross’s Secretary-General has the right of attendance and right of speech in the Board of Directors’ meetings. The Finnish Red Cross First Aid’s Board of Directors nominates its Chairman who attends their meetings.
The Board of Directors consists of the owner’s representatives (The Finnish red Cross Central office) and a group of widely knowledged healthcare and business representatives.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors
· Elina Piispanen, Government professional, CEO of Fit Advice Oy
Members of the Board of Directors
· Maaret Castrén, Industry Director, Helsingin ja Uudenmaan sairaanhoitopiiri (HUS)
· Kaisa Höijer, Business Director, LähiTapiola
· Tero Hintsa, Executive Director, SPR Länsi-Suomen piiri
· Ilpo Kiiskinen, CCO, Suomen Punainen Risti
· Mika Asikainen, Executive Director, SPR Kaakkois-Suomen piiri
· Max Lindholm, piirihallituksen Vice Chairman, SPR Helsingin ja Uudenmaan piiri
· Kristiina Kumpula, Secretary-General of the Finnish Red Cross
· Anne Pellinen, CEO